Everyone loves a tasty aperitif during the festive season. Leaving your family and guests alone for hours, while you slave away in the kitchen, is obviously not an option, but then what? You will amaze your guests with the originality of this veggie snack! Enjoying food together is also a gift. Your kids will have a lot of fun too with these homemade blinis.
What do you need in order to make an original veggie snack for the holidays?
- 1 pack of Bertyn pancake mix for the blinis
- 4 eggs
- Half a pumpkin
- Red curry paste
- White cheese
- Botanico 4 Algae (a mild salty-brine flavour derived from 4 seaweeds, full of minerals)
- Amanprana extra virgin olive oil
Preparing blinis with pumpkin and white cheese
- Make the pancake mix according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and cut it into small blocks of about 2 cm.
- Stew them in a large pot (with a lid on top) with 2 tbsp water and the red curry paste until the pumpkin pieces are cooked. Don’t forget to stir every now and then.
- The amount of curry paste depends on the size of the pumpkin and its own flavour.
- Now finely mash the pumpkin with a fork and let it cool down a little.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small pan (depending on how big the blinis will need to be).
If you prefer small blinis, you can put one or more cookie cutters in the pan for the size you want.
- Fry the Blinis, which should not be too thin, nice and brown on both sides.
If you are working with cookie cutters, make sure to wait long enough before removing them; the dough must be dry. Be careful, these things get hot. Once the cookie cutter is removed, you can neatly turn the blini over and let it brown on the other side.
- First spread some white cheese on the warm blini, then pumpkin puree and garnish generously with the Botanico 4 algae.
This year the holidays will be different than what we are used to, nevertheless I wish you a wonderful time and a festive table filled with all kinds of delicious veggie snacks!
In need of more veggie cooking inspiration?
A veggie snack? Or are you opting for a full veggie menu during the holidays? Take a look at Amanprana, where you will not only find festive snacks, but also plenty of vegetarian & vegan starters, main courses and desserts.